Activities that contribute to wellbeing
- Languages for All offers a range of evening classes in five languages, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Chinese (Mandarin). Courses are available to Bangor University staff and students, as well as to those outside the University.
- If you wish to learn Welsh or improve your Welsh, the University provides many opportunities for staff or varying abilities, to learn and use Welsh in various situations, both at work and socially.
- Staff and students are welcome to join the University Choirs and Symphony Orchestra. Bangor University Symphony Chorus is a large SATB choir, made up of staff and students from across the University, and singers from the local community. Bangor University Symphony Orchestra is North-West Wales’s premier full-size orchestra, with a membership made up of students and staff, along with the very best instrumentalists from the surrounding area.
- The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice offer free mindfulness meditations. If you prefer practicing mindfulness live and with other people, you can also join a range of free online ‘live’ zoom meditation sessions hosted by their associated charity The Mindfulness Network, these sessions are guided by a mindfulness teacher and are held at least weekly.
- Bangor Bird Group, which has links with Bangor University, was set up 70 years ago. It Is open to staff, students (free of charge) and the public and holds an excellent range of lectures as well as field trips at weekends. The Bird Group meets on Wednesdays, 7.30pm during term time in Room 101, The Management Centre, College Road. For further information, please email email@example.com
- The University has an extensive range of indoor and outdoor sport and recreation facilities across four sites. Visit our Physical Activity page to explore ways to keep active at Bangor.
- Treborth Botanic Garden covers an area of 18 hectares on the shores of the Menai Strait and has been owned by Bangor University since 1960. The gardens are open during daylight hours. Glasshouses are open during events and volunteering days.
Please let us know if there are any local events, groups, or networks that you would like to include on this page. These may help form connections with others, encourage time outdoors, build new skills, give to others, or promote wellbeing in creative ways. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.